Sunday, November 15, 2009

Have amost all symptoms of PCOS but tests say I am ok???

I have all the signs of PCOS (high cholesterol, thinning hair, coarse facial hair, apple shaped body, suffer from anxiety) all except irregular periods.



Everyone seems to think I have it including myself but all the tests I have had done come back normal.



Just wondering if this has happened to anyone (undiagnosed PCOS with all the signs of it) %26amp; what you did to correct problems of thinning hair and coarse facial hair? I am not on BCP or anything. Anyone on Spiro? Do you think the doc would let me go on it for my problems? Any other meds that might help?



Have amost all symptoms of PCOS but tests say I am ok???

I had all the same symptoms, including regular periods. My Dr.s finally diagnosed me with insulin resistence which can be a precurser to PCOS. have you been checked for that? My dr.s put me on glucophage (metformin) and birth control pills. I was able to slim down a bit and my hair started coming back but the facial hair hasent gone away. They tell me once it starts growing theres nothing you can do but shave, wax or get laser treatments. its not as bothersome though as it was before the medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment